Does the docking station have a MAC address? If so, how do I find out what it is?

I cannot get the ethernet to connect to my computer through the docking station. If I connect directly, it works fine (it is not an internet problem). Then I remembered that all devices (i.e. each unique MAC address) have to be registered before they can connect to the internet where I work. What I’m wondering is if the docking station is sophisticated enough to have its own MAC address, and if so, how do I find it? This will likely solve my problem. If it doesn’t have a MAC address, then there is some other problem.

Hi Colton,

Yes, our USB docks and USB Ethernet adapters have unique MAC addresses (allocated to Plugable’s assigned range).

You can find the MAC address from the Windows command prompt, run:
ipconfig /all

And look for the Ethernet interface on the dock.

It’s common for corporate networks to only recognize known MAC addresses, so doing that and getting the MAC address registered sounds right. Hope that helps, thanks!
Bernie

After running the command prompt, I saw the MAC address. However, after registering the docking station, it still didn’t work.

I guess I’ll have to try it on a private ethernet network before I know what is wrong.

Thanks for your help with the ipconfig business…