Does Model UD-6950H support ethernet connection on Mac

I have an M1 MacBook AIR everything on my pluggable works fine except the ethernet connection. Is there something I have to enable on the Mac for the ethernet connection to work?

Hi David,

I understand that you have an M1 MacBook Air, and your Plugable UD-6950H docking station works fine except for the Ethernet connection.

If everything else is working, this could indicate another issue related to your network.

The first step is to verify that your network connection is working. With your network cable plugged into the ethernet port on your UD-6950H, there should be a green and amber LED that should illuminate, indicating that a connection has been established and that data is being received.

If you do not see these LEDs you will want to check your network connection to ensure that it is active.

If you do see these LEDs illuminate, here are some additional steps we can investigate:

1. Please ensure that your Ethernet cable is securely connected to both your Plugable docking station and hub/router or network access point.

2. Please ensure that you use a “known good” Ethernet cable or try using a different ethernet cable

3. Try connecting your ethernet cable to another source (e.g. laptop) to verify that you are able to acquire a network connection.

4. If possible, try using another docking station unit (if available) to determine if the original docking station is the culprit.

5. If your connection is still not working, try resetting your router or try using a different port on the router or if you are connected to a Hub or Switch try using a different port on the Hub or Switch.

If none of these steps help, or if your network connection is active and you are still not seeing an green or amber LEDs illuminate please feel free to contact us at support@plugable.com. In the subject of your direct email, please reference case 445875 which will allow us to match things up and then provide the next steps.

Best regards,

Michael S.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.