Does a USB 2 not work with the docking station UD-3900?

Any USB 2 product does not seem to work with the docking station

Hi David,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your Plugable UD-3900 docking station and I would be happy to help.

USB 2.0 devices are compatible with the UD-3900, and can be connected to any of dock’s six USB ports.

If USB 2.0 devices connected to the dock are not working as expected, then the first step is to completely reset the docking station to help ensure it is in a good state.

To do so, please disconnect both the power cable and the USB host cable from the back of the dock and keep them both disconnected for at least 30 seconds. Reconnect the power cable to the dock and wait at least 10 seconds. Then reconnect the USB host cable to the dock and test if USB 2.0 devices connected to the dock’s USB ports are now working.

Please let us know if that information helps!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

Hi Bob
I did that 3 times and I tried also using a brand new docking station. The issue is the same: the 4 usb on the back are not working, the two on the front are fine.
Any software setting to look at?

Thanks
Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Thank you for adding to the discussion.

There are no software settings in regard to the USB ports within the UD-3900 docking station.

It would also be extremely unlikely that two different units would have the same problem, so that suggests that the problem lies outside of the docks themselves.

Would be able to test the docks temporarily with a different laptop? I ask because doing so will help us isolate the behavior further.

Thank you,

Bob

Hi Bob
yes, it is my laptop. Is there anything you can suggest to me?

Thanks
Fabio

I changed the usb port and now it is working. I have a bad USB on my laptop :frowning:

Hi Fabio,

Thank you for getting back to us with the update. While I am sorry that your laptop has a bad USB port within it, I am glad you were able to isolate the cause of the problem.

Thank you,

Bob