Docking Station with 85w Charging Wont Charge my Laptop

I just bought the Plugable USB C Mini Laptop Docking Station (UD-CAM) and have a brand new laptop.
It has 2 USB-C plugs, one of which has a charging icon next to it. When plugged into either, the charging function of the Docking station doesnt work.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist.

Based on the description of the issue, I am concerned that we may be running into a compatibility issue. When connecting the UD-CAM to your system, are you utilizing the original USB-C to USB-C cable that came with the dock, or an alternate cable?

What is the exact model number of the system you are connecting the UD-CAM to?

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

It’s a Sager NP8957

And yes, I’m using the original USB-c cable that came with the Dock

Hi There,

Thank you so much for sending this information over! Based on the specifications of this particular system (https://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8957-clevo-p950ef.html) the USB-C ports do no support Power Delivery (the ability to charge the system when connected) but do support DisplayPort over USB-C (the ability to output to a display connected via USB-C).

I am sorry that this is the case, but please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.