Docking Station Windows Reset on Mac During Screen Lock

Hi,
I just purchased the Plugable UD-6950H Docking Station. I am using it with my MacBook Pro to expand my desktop to 2 additional monitors. While the product works great while I am using it, I constantly run 8-12 Chrome windows on across my 3 screens. The problem is, when my screen is locked (if I take a break, stop working for the day, etc…) and I return to the computer, the windows are no longer of the right screens. Most times, all the windows return back to the primary laptop screen. Other times, the windows jump from one external screen and all combine on another eternal screen. It’s very frustrating having to continually shift windows around various screens. Is there a way to lock this down to the screen that I intend them to be on?
Thanks,
Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for asking! I’m sorry to hear that your UD-6950H is not working as expected, and I will be happy to help.

Can you please provide for us the make and model of your monitors?

Sean
Plugable Technologies

Hi Sean,
Thanks for your quick reply and looking into this issue. The 2 external monitors are listed here:

LG 32" UHD HDR Monitor with FreeSync
Model: 32UN500-W

LG 32” UHD HDR10 Monitor with AMD FreeSync
Model: 32UL500-W

I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for providing the monitor model numbers.

Can you please let me know if you are using DisplayPort to connect your monitors, and if so can you please try HDMI cables to see if this issue persists? I believe this may be related to the DisplayPort Deep Sleep function on your LG monitors. Based on the user manual it does not look as though your model LG 32UN500-W has the option to disable this, however a firmware update may have changed that.

You can find more information on the LG DisplayPort deep sleep issue by searching on your favorite search engine. Here is an example → https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/rbzbd9/has_the_deep_sleep_issue_on_lg_monitors_been_fixed/

If I am incorrect in assuming that you are using DisplayPort, can you please contact us directly at support@plugable.com, referencing Ticket #367814?

I apologize for not having a more helpful answer at this time.

Sean
Plugable Technologies

Thank you Sean! Yes, I am using the DisplayPort connections with both monitors. This is frustrating, since my previous Docking Station didnt have this problem (it had different problems which caused me to replace it). I’ll take a look at the Deep Sleep functionality and what can be done on the monitor. Thanks for your help!
Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I totally understand. I do wish I had a better solution for you.

Please feel free to contact us directly if you need additional support with your UD-6950H. → support@plugable.com

Sean

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.