Docking station UD-ULTCDL disconnecting randomly from HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop

I recently purchased an HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14t-ea000 CTO (Product Number: 1Q881AV) my UD-ULTCDL docking station is randomly disconnecting itself from the laptop causing me to lose power, wired ethernet & external monitor. If I unplug and replugin the usb-c cable to the docking station the connection is restored and everything works fine until it disconnects itself

I did not have any problems with my previous HP Spectre 13 laptop when using this docking station

I discussed this with HP support but they told me that they had not seen this issue and had no suggestions other than to try resetting my OS or returning the laptop for a replacement.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be or the best way to debug the issue or a possible command line alternative to physically unplugging and re-plugging in the usb-c cable

Regards

Mark

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock into your new computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Reference ticket 329473 in the subject line when you email us the diagnostics results!

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.