Docking Station Not Recognized by MSI Laptop

Good morning,

My MSI Laptop (GF63 Thin 9SCSR) is not recognizing the docking station (UD-ULTC4K). It has been working for the last week but stopped working suddenly and now no longer recognizes the device.

I have tried updating drivers. I do not want the laptop to receive charge if unable to do so.

Thank you,
Kris

Hi Kris,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Based on your description I would like to start by fully resetting the docking station and computer to see if this helps to restore the functionality, please perform the following:

1. Disconnect the docking station from the computer and remove the power connection from the back of the docking station, unplug all USB devices from the docking station
  2. Disconnect the docking station’s power supply from the wall and let both the docking station and power supply sit for 30-90 seconds to fully discharge
  3. Restart the computer
  4. In Windows 10: Start > ( Power Icon ) > Restart
  5. After 30-90 seconds, reconnect the power supply to the wall socket or power strip
  6. Reconnect the power supply to the docking station
  7. Verify the blue power LED is illuminated on the front of the docking station, please let me know if the blue power LED is illuminated or off at this step
  8. Reconnect the docking station to the computer
  9. Please be sure to use the original USB cable provided with the docking station
  10. Connect the cable directly from the docking station to the computer, adapters, hubs, or cable extensions may reduce the docking station’s capabilities or prevent detection
  11. Check for the external displays to be detected on the system, if they are not detected please let me know
  12. Reconnect USB devices to the docking station one at a time, test each device to make sure it is working before connecting the next device.

I do not want the laptop to receive charge if unable to do so.

I am sorry, this docking station will always provide power to a compatible host computer and does not include an option to disable this feature. USB-C Power Delivery is a negotiated protocol between the host computer’s USB-C host controller and the docking station, the docking station makes power available to the computer based on the computer’s requirements up to the maximum supported by the docking station. The computer will utilize power from the docking station as needed, the computer’s original power supply may also be connected to the computer to provide more power if necessary ( this model MSI computer comes with a 120W power supply ).

Please let me know if this helps, if not we can go from here.

Pat
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.