Docking station not detecting monitor

I just bought one of your USB 3.0 docking stations (DisplayLink) and plugged it in. All preferrals work except for the monitor.

I unplugged the monitor from the back of my desktop PC, plugged it into the docking station, plugged the docking station into my Acer E 15 (E5-571-53HX). The mouse and sound everything works when connected however it will not display the screens. Screens display when linked directly to laptop.

It is connected to a 3.0 USB and i have tried the steps of clearing out DisplayLink, however no success. Please advise.

Thank you,

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting!

Given the steps you’ve already tried, at this point, I’d like to request some logs from your Acer computer to best investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to the computer (with the non-working display still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

This will create a ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send that ZIP file to us directly at support@plugable.com with subject line “Ticket #307438”. We’ll then be able to better assist from there.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

I have emailed and attached the logs as requested.

Mike reached out to us with their log files and we were able to resolve the problem by updating the computer’s Intel graphics driver as well as reinstalling the DisplayLink driver for the dock.

I’ll be closing this thread, but for anyone who may be running into similar issues, please do not hesitate to open a new topic or reach out to us at support@plugable.com. We’re glad to help.

Best wishes,

Mitchell