Docking station no longer detects PC

the docking station used to work fine. It now can only detect my laptop. i used to be able to toggle between my laptop and my PC, but somehow the connection to my PC does not work. it shows no signal detected. i tried switching both of the output cables connected, but that still doesn’t connect to my PC.

Hello, thanks for posting. Thank you for the description of the behavior you are seeing and I’ll be happy to help.

Just to confirm, you mention that you used to be able to toggle between laptop and PC. Are you using a USB switch in between the dock and the connection to both computers? Or are you physically moving the USB cable from the dock to one computer from another?

If you are using a USB switch, does temporarily removing it from the equation and connecting the dock directly to the PC work as expected?

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

I went ahead and disconnected everything, left it unplugged for a few minutes, reconnected everything back, restarted everything, and now the docking station is back to working again.

Thank you for responding anyway David

John

Hi John, thanks for the update and glad to hear that reconnecting the devices helped!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.