docking station loses layout

The UGA-2K-A adapter works fine, I can set up triple output using two from the laptop’s built in video, and a third with the adapter. However I lose the monitor layout when I disconnect from the docking station, and then reconnect it. Windows 7 doesn’t seem to have a way to save my screen layout and I have to set it up every time I connect to the docking station. Is there a way to save my screen layout?
System itself is a Dell Precision M6600 with an AMD FirePro M8900 video card. Docking station is a Dell E-port plus. The problem seems to be with Windows 7, but is specific enough to the video settings that I haven’t found a good solution searching through Microsoft’s forums.

Hi fibonacci8,

Thanks for posting your question here in our support forum, we’ll be happy to help. To isolate the issue a bit, can you try connecting the UGA-2K-A as well as one of your external screen directly to the laptop, eliminating the E-port plus from the picture. Then with this setup, try powering on and off a few times to verify if Windows is able to remember the layout.

If it does, we’ll know there’s a difficulty between the E-plus and Windows. If not, we can troubleshoot what’s happening with Windows failing to save the layout.

Let me know what you find,
Thanks.
Jerome

Plugable Technologies