Docking Station freezes, beeps and all screens return to primary monitor on multiple machines

I am having this same issue that I saw posted by another user back in January of 2021. I have reached out directly to support multiple times but I have not heard a response.

We purchased 15 of these docking stations and almost all of them are having this same issue. I have updated BIOS and Drivers but issue still persists. We are using HP Probook 650 G8 laptops and all of them are brand new. We are running display through Display Port and have also tried HDMI but that has not fixed the issue.

I sent a log file of one of the computers to support but have not head back in almost 2 weeks. Trying to see if there is ANY sort of fix for these - firmware update or anything. Please advise. Thank you!

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you for contacting us through our forums, I am sorry you did not receive my previous email reply to your August 8th email. I recommend checking in your spam and trash folders to see if emails from ‘support@plugable.com’ are being blocked or automatically deleted. This is the only email I see in our system from your email address and I do not see an attached PlugDebug log file.

Based on your description of the behavior from the email and in the post here, the most common cause is either out of date graphics drivers that do not meet the current version of Windows 10/11’s WDDM 3.0 support, or power saving settings that are not necessarily exposed through the normal Windows power settings utility. HP provides an out of date graphics driver for this system ( https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-650-g8-notebook-pc/37934587/swItemId/ob-289067-1 ) version 30.0.101.1404 from HP with the latest from Intel ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html ) version 30.0.101.2111 (or .3222 depending on the hardware in the system ). Windows Update has also been rolling back many Intel based computers to a graphics driver released two years ago, this significantly out of date driver often causes the display behavior you are experiencing.

I recommend we start by getting some additional details from one of the affected systems using our PlugDebug log gathering utility.

If you would, please keep the dock connected to the computer with monitor(s) connected to the docking station (even though one may not be working) and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #385327 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Please also let me know the email has been sent by replying to this post, if the email does not arrive I can then provide alternative options for sending the PlugDebug log file.

Thank you, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Thank you for the quick response. I have emailed you the log file.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I am sorry, I have not yet received the email, most likely it was either blocked from sending due to the attachment or dropped by our mail server for an unknown reason.

Would it be possible to send the PlugDebug log file from another email provider ( for example from a Google gmail, or Microsoft outlook account ) to see if this will go through correctly?

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hi Joe,

Thank you for sending from another email account, I did receive the email and have replied back with system update instructions. Please let me know if you would prefer to continue through the newly provided email address, or via this forum.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.