Docking station for Microsoft Windows Multipoint Server

What’s the differences with Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Docking Station and Plugable USB 2.0 Terminal Station UT-1 ?
Is it both the same?

Hi Goh,

Thanks for your question!

Yes, hardware wise both devices are identical. The only difference is that the
Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Terminal was marketed towards being just a terminal device for multi seat scenarios, it is also currently out of stock :slight_smile:

The USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station is the most popular choice and its lighter alternative Plugable DC-125 USB 2.0 Docking Client are both currently available.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with!

Thanks for replying. 1 more question: I was wondering if the USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station can be used as Multiseat device? And if it is possible, can i use the LAN port to connect multiseat server instead of the USB port? There’s a similar product by Atrust (Atrust zero client m220 which also utilise displaylink technology) that can connect multipoint server with LAN connection which is good if i want to make connection at more than 100m.
Thanks again.

Yes! You can definitely use the USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station as a Multiseat device.

Unfortunately the USB 2.0 Universal Docking Station can only be controlled through USB.

You can find some more details on this post here regarding the LAN connector on our USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Stations.

Thanks for the question!
Lampros