Docking station for HP Spectre x360 15 df10033dx

Would love to buy a docking station from you folks… Running a HP Spectre x360 15 df10033dx with Intel Core i7-10510U and cannot find any clear answers on compatibility for charging and running a few monitors. Can you help me buy from you?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting!

Looking at the manual for the HP Spectre x360 15-df1033dx, it does appear to have a USB-C / Thunderbolt 3 port that supports both Power Delivery for host charging and video (Alt Mode) for an additional display, so that is a good sign.

How many external monitors are you looking to drive? What resolutions are these monitors?

This information will help me provide a more appropriate recommendation.

Thanks!

Mitchell

Thanks Mitchell!
Minimum 2 monitors (HDMI and VGA, but would eagerly add a third!
Thanks for your response - I have another Plugable dock from yesteryear that has always worked like a charm. Looking forward to making a go of this laptop with the monitors.

The forums suggest issues with the chipset and charging, so really pleased an expert is reviewing.

Best,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the additional details!

What forums are you referencing to? In general, we’ve seen that most HP Spectre x360 15"
(with Intel 7th Gen CPU and newer and Thunderbolt 3 support) systems are compatible with our USB-C docks, but we have seen varied success with the older models. We also haven’t tested this specific model in our labs nor have we received customer reports about it, so I do want to transparent about that.

With this is mind, based on its listed specifications in its manual, I would recommend our Plugable UD-ULTCDL docking station: https://plugable.com/products/ud-ultcdl/

The UD-ULTCDL supports up to three displays via two HDMI ports and one DVI port (or VGA with the included DVI to VGA adapter). The dock also provides up to 60W of power back to the host to keep it charged. I would encourage you to review its product page and let me know if you have any additional questions.

We do offer a 30 day no-hassle return policy fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) in case there are any issues at all.

Thanks!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.