Docking Station Causing Laptop to Be Unable to Sleep

I’ve had this issue going on for a while now, but it seems to be getting worse. I have an ASUS Zenbook, which is connected to the docking station through the included USB-C cable. I have 2 35" Samsung 4K monitors attached to the DisplayPorts on the docking station. Every time that the computer goes to sleep, I am unable to wake it. I have to hold down the power button and end up restarting it. I have traced the issue to the docking station through the system event viewer. This is what I see in the event viewer prior to me restarting the computer:

USB device draining system power when system is idle.             

USB Device: VID: 0x17E9 PID: 0x6011 REV: 0x3103             
Removal action failed: SkippedAsRecentIoObservered

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Hello, and thanks for reaching out on our support forums!

Our apologies for the trouble! Based on the description you have provided, I would like to go ahead and have you contact us directly so that we can gather some additional diagnostic logs.

Can you please run our PlugDebug diagnostic tool, and then contact us directly at support@plugble.com referencing ticket # 383303.

When you do so please keep all devices connected to the Plugable product that you normally would (even if they are not working!). Once PlugDebug has finished there will be a newly exported file located on your desktop, please attach that file in your next reply to this ticket. In order to run PlugDebug please follow our step by step instructions located here → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

Once a solution has been founded, I will return and update this article.

Sean // Plugable Support

I sent an email with the debug information.

Also wanted to note that I did an experiment last night. I put the computer to sleep and then disconnected the docking station. I did not have to reboot the computer this morning. That says to me that there is something going on with the docking station.

How am I supposed to upload the diag to the ticket? That does not seem possible.

Thanks

(Link removed for customer privacy)

Try this

Thanks for being willing to gather the PlugDebug information!

For your privacy, if you could please instead email us at support@plugable.com with the PlugDebug filed attached that would be greatly appreciated!

Please mention ticket # 383303 in the subject line. This will allow us to gather the additional information needed in the case of a replacement or any other need to gather personal information.

Our apologies for the confusion, and I look forward to your reaching out to us directly.

Sean // Plugable Support

I just sent the email. Looks like you received this one.

Thanks

Thanks!

I will be responding to that internal ticket momentarily.

Sean

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.