Docking Station Blinking Out #2

You closed my previous case yesterday and I had a “blink out” this AM.

The power light (Blue) stayed on. The Green light went out until the docking station reconnected.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us again, we are sorry to hear that your case was closed, and then the problem resurfaced. Just to make sure I have all of the right information, did you email us directly via support@plugable.com, or on another Discourse forum post?

When connecting the dock to your system, are you utilizing the original cable that came with the dock, or an alternate cable?

Does this issue occur while utilizing a specific software application, or randomly?

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Yes. Still using the supplies cable to connect the hub to the computer. As was reported before, the issue seems to be more likely with VMWare Fusion running a virtual Windows machine but not exclusively. Today there were 3 failures in a span of about 5 minutes. The failures seemed to subside after I disconnected / reconnected the power to the device.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for letting me know! If the issue seems to primarily occur during VMWare Fusion usage, this could be due to how VM solutions interact with “Virtualized Graphics Adapter Drivers” and is one of the reason we do not advise utilizing them in unison. However, it seems to be occurring while doing other tasks as well. This would lead me to believe we may need to dive a little deeper inside of your systems log files, or see if having a pretested replacement unit sent out would resolve the issue. If you have a moment, please reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com, with the subject line “Ticket no. 239231” so that we can be sure all of your information stays in the same place.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.