Dock station disconnects and reconnects constantly, pattern behaviour

Hi,
I’m having issues recently with this dock station, whereas I didn’t have them before and it worked well in the past until a couple of months back.

Recently the dock station disconnects totally (like if you pull out or remove the USB cable) and then reconnects back after 5 seconds. I can replicate the behaviour as this happens every time the LAN connection gets busy (e.g: when there is a heavy download, over 70mb/s ) on slower speeds it doesn’t happen, but as soon as there is a download or I transfer files on high speed, the dock will disconnect. And it will keep happening over and over again while the bandwidth is high - between 70 to 130 mb/s (it could be happening as much as even 10 times in 5 minutes as long as the LAN transfer rate is high)
When the bandwidth is low or medium, it won’t happen, e.g 10-40mb/s up or downstream.

This is becoming a big issue as I use the station for Remote Working and it loses the VPN connection making a nightmare to reconnect over and over again.

Note all devices attached to the dock would disconnect as well, like the LAN connection, screen, mouse, keyboard, external hard drive… hence I said it is like you pull out the usb cable from the laptop.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your docking station is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.

To help diagnose the issue, may I ask you to please keep the device connected to your laptop and everything still attached (even if not working as expected) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug? → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 424675” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi,
Currently everything is attached to the dock station (UD-3900 rev B2)
Now I’ve a question, how does it work? do I have to keep the tool open in the background, or how does it collect the data and the crashes? The thing is whether it collects the errors ONLY when the utility is open, or just when you execute it?

Do you know if this problem is a recurrent or known issue, or is it something new?

Many thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for asking!

You can find more information on PlugDebug by clicking the “Click Here to Read More” pulldown under “What Information is PlugDebug Gathering and How?”

The tool is run once, and it collects debug information from your computer, writes a series of .txt files, then shuts down. (see → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug) for more detail)

Thanks for your patience while we work to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi, I already sent the email with the log you asked me to run.
I sent the ticket number on the subject but the email said I had another ticket number.
Could you please help to associate/link this thread and ticket number you told me with the email I sent just now?
Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for the information!

I saw your email ticket come in as #425407, and would be happy to provide direct support going forward.

Thanks for your patience while we work to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.