dock for HP spectre x360 kabylake refresh / Lenovo yoga 920

Which product is suitable for one of these 2in1:

• HP spectre X360 i7 kaby lake refresh (8° gen)
  • Lenovo Yoga 920 i7 KL refresh (8°gen)

I need to use 2 monitors.

Thanks

Hi Daniele,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I would be happy to answer your questions!

While we have not had either of these specific models inside of our testing labs with the recent Kaby Lake update, previously we mark the Lenovo Yoga 920 has fully compatible with our UD-ULTCDL (www.plugable.com/products/ud-ultcdl) Triple Display Docking station.

I would suggest this for that particular model (Lenovo Yoga 920) , due to the success other customers have experienced in utilizing the docking station with it.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi,
there are news about compatibility with HP spectre x360 i7 8gen?

PLUGABLE TBT3-UDV THUNDERBOLTTM 3 isn’t better? Because notebook power is thunderbolt 3?

Tx

Hi Daniele,

Regarding the HP Spectre X360 i7 8th Gen, we have not had this particular system inside of our testing labs to confirm that it is compatible with the UD-ULTCDL, but have had a couple of instances where customers have utilized the 15" version of the HP Spectre X360 i7 8th Gen and have found all individual features of the docking station to be compatible, but both instances were reliant on specific model numbers of the 15" in order to mark its compatibility.

Since we have not had it inside of our lab, unfortunately we cannot confirm compatibility with our TBT3-UDV docking station. That said, in looking at the system specifications online for a Thunderbolt 3-enabled HP Spectre x360 8th generation model system I would expect our dock to work, charge the system and support one additional 4K display.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Daniele,

One additional item I wanted to address is related to individual HP models, and the use of third-party (Non-HP) based docking stations that provide power. When third-Party Power Delivery docking stations are connected, HP systems will receive an HP warning about using non-HP power adapters, every time the docking station is connected.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We were able to provide some additional information to Daniele regarding their intended configuration, and individual examples of supported and compatible devices that would fit their needs.

We have not received a response back, so we hope that they have had all of their questions answered, and if they have not, they can reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com.

If anyone else has any similar questions or configuration issues, please feel free to reach out to us directly via our support email address!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support