Dock causing speaker whine ( when using external dac not audio from dac )

Been using the PLUGABLE TBT3-UD1-83 , for quite a while and its been working perfectly … although recently getting a high end audio setup i noticed a high pitched whine comming from speakers … bought higher quality connections for the speakers etc with nothing working … as soon as i unplugged the thunderbolt dock … or even just the thunderbolt 3 cable … the whining stops … any way to fix this with a high quality thunderbolt 3 cable than the one it comes with or can i just no longer use this device …

Hi Victor,

Thanks for posting!

A quick question for you to help isolate things further…if you plug ordinary headphones (like the ear buds that come with a mobile phone) into the Plugable dock do they work correctly? Put another way, is the high-pitched whine you describe no longer present when using a different audio device?

Thank you!

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Victor,

We received your message via our forum that you are still having the audio problem with the dock. We sent a direct reply to your email address, but in the interest of covering all bases I am also posting my direct reply here as well. Please only respond to my direct email reply moving forward, as it will help us keep all communication in one place.

Thank you!

Bob

Direct response from 1/15/2018, 13:06 PST:

"Hi Victor,

Thanks for getting back with the update, and I am sorry to hear (no pun intended) that the audio behavior remains with your docking station. Just to make sure I have the details correct…if you plug ordinary headphones (like the ear buds that come with a mobile phone) into the Plugable dock do they work correctly? Put another way, is the high-pitched whine you describe no longer present when using a different audio device?

Apologies if that question appears redundant, but testing in that manner will help us isolate the behavior further and determine the next steps.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support"

It only occurs when using the speakers … if i use headphones through external dac is fine … only with speakers.

Hi Victor,

Thanks for getting back with the update.

Unfortunately since the problem only occurs with the specific speakers you are using, that points to the speakers themselves as the source of the problem.

Even though the problem lies outside of our dock, we certainly don’t want a customer stuck with a product that does not work with their setup. We will of course provide a full refund with the return of the dock to us directly.

Please just send an email to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 207837’ in the subject line along with your Amazon Order ID number for the dock purchase and we will get the return process started (please don’t post the Order ID number in our public forum).

Thank you,

Bob