Do I have an incompatible docking device for 4K

I am using an SP4 machine and the monitor I need to run is a Visio 55" 4K and does not get a signal do I have the wrong docking station with the Plugable UD-3900 the rating is 1.4 not 1.3 for the TV and with the Visio disconnected the Dell 22" monitor works

Hi Thomas, thanks for posting! Unfortunately, our UD-3900 docking station is unable to support a 4K resolution and only has a maximum resolution of 2560x1440 if the HDMI cable is connected to the *only* attached monitor.

I do apologize for this limitation and we do our best to call out the maximum resolution on our Amazon listing and Product pages. If your purchase is within our 30-day return policy, you can return our dock for a full refund at Amazon.com/returns. If your purchase is outside of this 30-day window, we would be happy to assist with a return for full refund as we certainly do not want you stuck with a device that does not meet your needs. If that sounds like a plan, please just reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID for your purchase and reference ‘Ticket Number 148397’ in the subject line so we can match everything up.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support