Dissconnecting

I have two displaylink usb c docking stations. connecting through the power cord to my dell alienware laptop. the green light on the docking station on both keeps going out and the usb devices plugged into the displaylink stop working. displays keep working but usb devices stop. it requires a restart of both the displaylink and the laptop.

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

Just to make sure I have the right information, what is the exact model number of the Alienware laptop you are utilizing?

Also, you state " connecting through the power cord to my dell alienware laptop" does this mean you are not directly connecting the docking station to a USB-C port on the system, but instead connecting it through an alternate cable and not utilizing the USB-C cable that came with the unit, or the AC Adapter that came with the unit?

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to get a hold of Eric in order to gather some additional information to see if we could resolve his issue, but we have not had any response back.

If Eric would like to continue troubleshooting, or if anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be more than happy to assist.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support