Displays on Dock Not Working

I have a TBT4-UDZ that has been working since the dock was released with 3 external monitors. After a reboot over the weekend, no external monitor will work connected to the dock.

I have done several troubleshooting steps to try and resolve, note of which have worked.

1. I removed all display adapters and monitors from Device Manager so windows could rediscover them.

2. I went back to just one external monitor connected to the dock

3. Rebooted the dock

4. Rebooted the PC

5. In display setting in windows, it shows the monitors connected, but won’t let me change the settings - for instance, I can select “extend this display”, but nothing happens.

I have a Lenvo X1 Carbon, TBT4-UDZ, one Samsung u32j590uqn, two Asus vg289. Two connected via HDMI to HDMI, one from Displayport to HDMI. NOTE: All of this worked until this week. Also, I dropped down to one monitor connected to dock and can’t get one to display. Also, all other dock functions work - network, sound, etc.

I have run the diagnostics tool and emailed to support@plugable.com with Ticket 23188 in the title of the email.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you…

Hello Phillip,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Looking at the diagnostics file that we received from you for this case via email I do not see much standing out that I would expect would be causing this behavior. I do currently see one ASUS VG289 and can confirm that Windows shows it as being inactive. Often this can be driver related, so I would like to focus there to begin.

For what I can recommend, I would like to first suggest installing the newest Intel Iris Xe drivers from here: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/774229/gfx_win_101.4255.exe (31.0.101.4255 vs 31.0.101.3959 installed now)

If this doesn’t help please let me know.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Joshua - thank you for the help. This seems to have solved my problem. Weird that it quit working, but must have been some OS or system update that broke something. The new display drivers resolved the issue and I am back working with all three monitors.

Again, thank you for the quick reply and help.

Have a great weekend!

You’re most welcome for the help, and I’m glad to hear the updated drivers have you up and running again!

Often we will see this kind of thing happen after an OS update so that is certainly possible, I think there was a Windows Update pushed out recently so the timing fits.

If you ever need anything else just let us know, and a great weekend to you as well!
Josh

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.