Displays flicker intermittently

Hello,

[I’ve searched on this forum, and it seems that several people have experienced the same problem as me. However, I haven’t found any suggested solutions]

I have connected my UD-3900 to two Dell monitors. It is connected to two PCs using the Plugable USB switch. I have updated to the latest DisplayLink 10.2.7242.0 driver/firmware.

In general, it works very well, except for intermittent flickering of the displays.
Sometime only one of the displays is affected, somtimes both. When it occurs, either one or both displays turn off for about three seconds, and then come back on.

Apart from this, I have also noticed that the flickering occurs when I plug in another appliance into the same power extension block that the US-3900 is plugged into. This makes me think that it is a power supply problem. Is this possible?

Can you help?

Many thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your UD-3900 docking station is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.

For my reference, does the same problem occur if the dock is the only device plugged into that power extension?

Additionally, does the problem persist if the dock is connected directly to your computer (bypassing the switch)?

To help diagnose the issue, may I ask you to please keep the device connected to your laptop and everything still attached (even if not working as expected) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug? → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 389510” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.