DisplayPort to HDMI doesn't work at 4K

I have a problem with your DP to HDMI active adapter.

In short: it only work at resolutions of 1080p or less.

I have already tried using a custom resolution with CVT RD timing thru Radeon Settings program. Everthing higher than 1080p I get a few seconds of blank screen and a brief no signal message. Ten system reverts resolution back to 1920x1080 and it works again.

My TV:
UE49MU6400

My PC:
Windows 10 with Creators Update
R9 290X

Some things to make sure of:

• Your TV HDMI input is set correctly. If your TV does not support HDMI2.0, you’ll want to set the Windows Refresh Rate no higher than 30Hz.

• In Radeon Settings, make sure pixel format and bit depth are set such that you do not exceed HDMI bandwidth.

• Set refresh rate thru the windows display settings. With HDMI 1.4 TV, you will have to use 30Hz for 4K.

My TV supports HDMI 2.0a, so no problems here.

I managed to get it to work by turning off the HDMI UHD Color, but now I have a different problem: !](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1708394/IMG_20180226_185654_inline.jpg?1519671776)](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1708394/IMG_20180226_185654.jpg?1519671776)

Hello, thanks for posting and I am sorry to hear that our adapter is not working as expected.

Does disabling HDR within your TV’s settings help? I ask because our adapter does not support HDR imaging so this could also be contributing to this behavior. It appears there’s an HDR+ setting under Settings > Picture > Expert Settings so I would be curious if you are able to disable it within the monitor’s menu.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

HDR+ setting is unavaliable (greyed out).

I would like to add that I cannot change pixel format, bit depth is set to 8 and my display drivers are up to date.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. The only remaining variable is to test a different adapter. We’d be happy to send a pre-tested replacement to make sure that the hardware is working properly.

If interested in trying a replacement, please contact our direct support email address at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 216555’ in the subject line and please include your preferred shipping address and Amazon Order ID number for your purchase. We’ll match everything up and begin the replacement process. Once the package is ready to ship we will send you a USPS tracking number.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support