DisplayLink USB 2.0 UGA Model UGA-165 error message "USB 3.0 host controller drivers could be incompatible...".

I recently got a new computer at work.
It is a Dell Latitude E7470 running Windows 7 Professional (Svc Pack 1), 64 bit with an Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @2.6Ghz processor.
I installed the DisplayLink Multi-Display Adapter (model UGA-165) so that I am able to run two external monitors plus my laptop display while connected at my desk via my docking station.
The monitors are all working as expected, but each day when I book up I receive the following error message/pop-up:
“DisplayLink installer has detected that your USB 3.0 host controller drivers could be incompatible with DisplayLink USB hardware. Please download and update your Intel USB 3.0 host controller driver before using DisplayLink technology.”

I have been selecting the “Continue Anyway” button and the adapter seems to be working, but I was curious (a) what this means and (b) what do I need to do about it?

Thanks,
Traci

Hello Traci,

Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry you are receiving this notification.

This message is likely coming up because the DisplayLink software checks the system for potentially incompatible drivers ( the software which controls the hardware ) and in this case it recognizes an older USB 3.0 driver.

If everything is working normally this message can probably be ignored. If you would like assistance updating the USB 3.0 drivers for this notebook please keep the graphics adapter connected to the system and the monitor attached, and email us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the drivers necessary.

Email: support@plugable.com

Please reference “Ticket #207079” in the subject line of the email.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Traci,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support