displaylink on mac High Sierra causing logout when locking computer

I had displaylink 4.1.11 installed on my macbook pro touchbar running 10.13.2 (High Sierra)
Whenever I lock my screen (when I walk away for a meeting or otherwise) the mac would log me off the computer within 60 seconds.
If I lock the screen and unlock immediately I remain logged in, but if I wait about 60 seconds I end up logged out.
I have resolved the issue for the moment by uninstalling the displaylink software (can repeat the experience upon demand… as I have tried re-installing the software).
This will remain an issue for me because I only get one monitor without the software installed. :frowning:

I need help understanding how to prevent displaylink from taking that action.
Thanks!!

Hello Jason, thank you for posting and I am sorry to hear of this behavior.

We’ve heard of similar issues when using DisplayLink adapters and docks with MacOS High Sierra when the monitors are set up to mirror each other, or a previous mirrored configuration is detected. DisplayLink speaks to this behavior in a knowledge base article here –> https://support.displaylink.com/knowl… and speaks to running their “Reset macOS display persistence” script in order to see if it helps mitigate this behavior.

Please let us know if running the Displaylink persistence script helps or not and we can go from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support