After having to unplug my UGA-165 adapter to move my system, I plug it back in only to find my adapter is not compatible with my system as Windows had updated to USB 3.0. I did the following:
You would need to update this driver first. Please go to -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta… download and install this driver (be sure to reboot after this procedure) and repeat steps 1 - 6 again. Please let me know how this turns out.
- Disconnect the all USB devices and peripherals from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel -> Programs. Do not worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool -> http://displaylink.com/techsupport_fi…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (do not close the window until you see the message “Cleaning complete. Press ENTER to end.”)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software from our downloads page -> http://www.displaylink.com/support/sl…
- Reconnect the display adapter directly to the computer.
LED does not light as well. Not sure if it’s the hardware or the drivers.