DisplayLink Driver Needed?

I just plugged in my new UD-ULTC4K dock after having the UD-CAM dock. I only use the HDMI port for a monitor (not the DisplayLink ports). I also use the Ethernet, USB and audio ports. On the Plugable website, it indicated that the DisplayLink drivers would be automatically install on Windows 10 machines. No additional drivers were installed when I connected the new dock. Everything seems to be working fine. Is there any reason I should install the DisplayLink drivers for Windows 10?

Hello Craig,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! I’d be more than happy to assist you.

If the Windows Update provided drivers seem to be working as expected then there’s no specific reason why you’d need to update the drivers. However, should you run into any unexpected behavior we would recommend to then install the latest drivers from DisplayLink (which are newer than what Windows Update provides and can offer some improvements for stability/performance).

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Thanks very much. Just as I would expect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.