Displaylink Driver interfering with laptop dock

The displaylink driver works great when I have it plugged in. I use it at home to add an additional monitor to my setup. When I go to work and dock my laptop, I am not using a displaylink device. In that situation, I cannot use my other monitors until the displaylink software is uninstalled. Is there something else that can be done to disable the software while the plugable device is not connected?

Hello and thanks for posting!

Our USB 3.0 docking stations and video adapters are all powered by a DisplayLink chip, and if the ‘other’ docking station you are using at work is using a different type of chip there could be a conflict (drivers for USB video chips from different companies typically cannot be installed at the same time).

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information to see if that is the case here.

First, can you let me know which specific Plugable product you are using? We have a list of all of our products here -> https://plugable.com/products/

Second, can you let me know the brand and specific model number of the docking station you are using at work? That will allow me to look up its specifications online.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support