DisplayLink docking stations with macOS 10.13.5

There is a known problem with macOS 10.13.4 when using multiple monitors on DisplayLink docking stations - namely that you cannot use two extended monitors. Has this been fixed with macOS 10.13.5?

Hi William,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I would be more than happy to assist!

Apple has not revised or changed the ability to utilize multiple connected DisplayLink based displays in side of 10.13.5. It still removes the original “API” that DisplayLink was utilizing to output to external displays via DisplayLink devices. We have seen some additional drivers being released by DisplayLink that give the ability for a single DisplayLink display to be connected, but based on the performance of these drivers and Displaylink connected displays, it has not resolved the overall issue of Apple removing the ability.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, and I would be more than happy to assist.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We hope that the information we provided to William answered all of the questions he may have, but we have not received a response back.

If William or anyone else has any similar questions please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be more than happy to assist.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

In addition to the details above, please note the blog post below will be updated when more information becomes available. (As of this writing, DisplayLink’s beta driver is problematic enough that we are not recommending it for most users.):

https://plugable.com/2018/03/30/macos…