DisplayLink Alpha 2 Preview Driver causes my mac to periodically lock the screen

Hi,

I have recently purchased your UGA-2K-A adapter and installed the latest drivers from here:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthre…

Since I installed the drivers (even before I received my purchase) I noticed that it caused my Macbook Pro to periodically lock the screen requiring me to log in repeatedly. This happens on average every 30 minutes and it does not matter if I am idle or working. It’s like it does not notice that I am not in fact idle.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated as this is my work station.

Thanks.

Specifications:

Macbook Pro : 15-inch, Mid 2012
Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB
Memory : 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Processor : 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Software : Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Please note that I have tried to mitigate this by:

• disabling graphics switching
  • set up energy saver to optimize performance
  • installed caffeine

None of these have made a difference. On average the screen locks every 15 minutes (if that helps).

Hi j1n2I0,

Thanks for posting your question here, I’ll be happy to help. To troubleshoot your screen locking issue, I’d like to have you run the DisplayLink Support Tool and forward the log file that it generates over to us at support@plugable.com along with your Amazon Order Id and a link to this thread.

Next, run the 2.0 installer again and uninstall the Alpha drivers. Once it’s finished, reboot and run for a while with no DisplayLink drivers installed to verify that the screen lock up is fixed.

Once you are confident that it’s fixed, install the 1.8 driver package from DisplayLink and see if it works differently.

http://displaylink.com/support/sla.ph…

Once we get the log files and hear back about the performance of 1.8 on your system we’ll be able to figure out the best next steps.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for getting back to me. I did first try the 1.8 driver and was having the same issue. I installed the 2.0 Alpha because I thought maybe the problem had been rectified in a later version.

I am not in the office today and thus not connected to the DisplayLink adapter. However the problem still persists. I have run the diagnostic tool and can send you that if you would like (the DisplayLink adapter was not connected at the time). Would you like me to send you this?

Thanks.

Hi j1n2I0,

Yes, please do send the log files, even thought the device was not connected it will still have useful information. Also please include your Amazon order id and a link to this thread and email it to support@plugable.com

Thanks!
Jerome.