Displaying for Internet very, very slow!

I have an HP 11.6 inch system with an E-350 processor (dual core, 1.6 Ghz); and displaying anything from the Internet is very, very, very slow. My Internet speed is 6 Mb/s.

Bouncing around the installed programs on the system displays quickly, but not so for even something simple, such as, displaying the Google home page. I am running Windows 7 (64 bit).

Dave

I have connected my docking station (UD-160-A) to a Dell 630 and the docking station works fine using the Internet.

Thus, my HP Plavilian dm1 (11.6 inch, AMD E-350 1.6 Ghz dual core) is the likely problem.

HELP, HELP

Hi Dave - Thanks for posting! We’ll be able to help and tune things.

Quick question: Does it appear to be the network interface that’s slow (when you compare running the ethernet through the dock vs. connecting directly to the laptop)?

Or does it appear to be graphics rendering that’s slow (when you use the browser on the main laptop screen it’s fine, but on the UD-160-A attached monitor, it’s slow)?

Or – 3rd option that you’ve hinted at – it’s just everything is slow, no matter how it’s connected?

Thanks for clarifying – we’ll be able to tune and help!
Bernie

Thanks Bernie for replying so quickly.

It appear to be graphics rendering that’s slow (when you use the browser on the main laptop screen it’s fine, but on the UD-160-A attached monitor, it’s slow)?

Yes, everything works fine, until I access the Internet, then it is really slow. This is the case when the Monitor is attached to the UD-160-A only. The network interface work fine and is plenty fast: 130 Mb/s second 802.11n

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Bernie,

To be a little clearer, everything works fine under ALL conditions, until I access the Internet. Then the speed really drops off.

Thanks,

Dave

Interesting! It almost sounds like a USB 2.0 bus contention issue (all devices on the same USB 2.0 host controller share the same 480Mbps available bandwidth).

If you unplug the network cable from the dock (and rely on wifi), does the problem go away?

And could you check if Windows Aero is enabled (here’s how: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wi…) --if it’s not there could be inefficient graphics rendering.

Thanks!
Bernie

Hi Bernie,

Great Job!

Aero fixed the problem.

I teach about 110 students every semester a course that touches most areas of IT.

I plan to put Plugable into the course today, and I will purchase another for my office.
In addition, I will recommend this product to our two tech support people.

Your support was OUTSTANDING.

Dr. Dave

Hi Dr. Dave,

Thanks so much for the kind words! It’s much appreciated.

Glad to have you up and running with performance as it should be!

Bernie

I’m having this exact problem. Graphics render just fine on my laptop screen and on my monitor when I plug the monitor into the laptop directly, but when I plug the monitor in through my Plugable docking station, graphics render very slowly in internet applications (I’ve tried both Google Chrome and Firefox). I can even set the display to duplicate on the laptop screen and monitor, and see the lag in the monitor display compared to the laptop display as I navigate through web pages. I’m using an HP Pavilion dv7 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium. I tried running the Aero troubleshooter from the Control Panel, but it didn’t find the problem. The problem just started suddenly within the past week–everything has worked fine for a year and a half before this.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for posting here! Here is a link which provides more information regarding the issue you are seeing and how to fix it: http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…

Hope it helps! If you need any additional help or information, just shoot us an email at support@plugable.com and we will figure out the quickest way to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Roze