Display port monitor flickering on TBT3-UDZ when using Netflix/Youtube

Monitor’s connected via Display Port. Keeps flickering when using Netflix and Youtube.

Tried the following solution on your site. https://support.plugable.com/t/hdmi-monitor-flickering-on-and-off/21253/3

Still having issues. Very annoying.

Thanks for your help!

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out on the forums!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your TBT3-UDZ, but I would be happy to help diagnose the issue here.

Just to confirm, you have multiple monitors connected to the dock, but only one monitor is exhibiting the flickering, correct? If that is the case, can you confirm that this issue is present no matter which port on the dock the problem monitor is connected to?

Additionally, some steps we’ll want to take are to perform a power-cycle of the unit to reset its internal hub chipset. We’ve seen that this can often restore the dock back to a working state when one or more of its functions are not quite working. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals and displays connected to the dock
  2. Disconnect the docking station from host machine, then disconnect the power adapter from power
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for power to dissipate
  4. Connect docking station initially into power only
  5. Connect docking station to host machine, then connect USB peripherals and displays, then test for functionality

Please let me know if this helps at all.

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies

Hi Evan,

I have 2 monitors connected to the dock. Both flicker. It doesn’t matter which port the flickering is on both monitors.

I’ve performed the prescribed power cycle process. The issue still persists.

Best,
Mark

Hello there,

Thank you for the response and for trying that.

In order to troubleshoot this issue further, I’d like to have you reach out directly to us at our support email:

support@plugable.com

When you reach out, make sure to have “Ticket #418989” in the subject line so that we can direct the ticket to me.

Thank you!

Evan
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.