Display not waking, USB port 'stuttering', BSD

Hello,
I started using the dock today (Amazon order # 112-8035232-8831412)
I am using it with a Windows 10 laptop (HP Omen). The dock is connected to an external monitor via HDMI.

I have run into three issues:

1. When the laptop is woken from sleep, the external monitor keeps displaying a ‘No Signal’ message. Windows does not detect the external monitor. I have to pull the HDMI cable from the dock and plug it back in to have the monitor recognized. Once I do that, the external monitor works just fine.
    I have experienced the problem with both HDMI ports.

2. My mouse is connected using an RF receiver I plugged into one of the rear USB
    ports. One of these ports causes a ‘stuttering’ in the mouse - the mouse cursor will freeze briefly every few seconds while I’m using it. This behavior stopped when I moved the receiver to another USB port.

3. When waking the laptop, the laptop screen will occasionally turn on, blink off, and then I get a BSD with the Windows StopCode “Video TDR Failure”. This does not happen every time. This did not happen before I connected the dock.

I’m looking for advice/suggestions on what could be happening and how to fix it. Does the device need to be replaced? The dock is great, but these behaviors are (obviously) very problematic and take away from the overall experience. This dock replaces an older Plugable dock I have used for years (UD-3900). Hoping to get this one working properly soon.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us! I’ve replied to you via email directly to request some system diagnostics for the display issue.

For the wireless mouse, since it is having issues on one port but not another, it may be related to RF interference. Most USB receivers for wireless mice and keyboards operate in the 2.4Ghz band. When connecting the receiver to any USB 3.0 port there is potential for interference that can affect the devices performance. The most effective method is to add a short USB 2.0 extension cable between the dock and the receiver to mitigate the effect, and many wireless keyboards and mice come with such a cable for this reason. We have written about the behavior in more detail here (please see the RF interference section): https://kb.plugable.com/questions/706568

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.