Display Link Manager won't start

I have a MacBook Air M1 chip. I down loaded the DockLink App and installed it. Got a message that the install completed. The App won’t start. I can’t uninstall because it says it is running. Mac process show it is not running. How do I uninstall?

Hello,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your UD-3900 docking station with your MacBook Air M1 laptop and I would be happy to help.

You mention that, “I down loaded the DockLink App and installed it. Got a message that the install completed. The App won’t start.”

After the installation of the DisplayLink Manager Application, you must manually start the application for the first time. When you do so, you will not see any type of application window appear. There will only be a small DisplayLink Manager icon located in the Apple Menu bar at the top of your screen (the icon looks like two interlocking squares).

We have a knowledge base article that describes the install process and how things will appear when the application is in use here → https://kb.plugable.com/questions/799275

You mention that, “I can’t uninstall because it says it is running. Mac process show it is not running. How do I uninstall?”

In order to remove the DisplayLink Manager Application from your system, you need only drag the DisplayLink Manager Application icon to the Trash. If you attempt to do so and the system states that the application is running, it should in fact be running.

With that said, if you connect the UD-3900 docking station to your laptop do the displays connected to the docking station work as expected?

Once the docking station is connected to your system, you should be able to check within the DisplayLink Manager Application to see if it detects the external monitors connected to the dock. We demonstrate how this will look in the aforementioned knowledge base article → https://kb.plugable.com/questions/799275

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.