I have a Plugable 3000 connected to a HP DV7 Notebook and it has worked OK for several years until my recent update to Windows 10 Home v. 1511, OS build 1056.164. Now Display Link is behaving erratically. Is anyone else having this problem? e.g. USB 3.0 connects and disconnects; icons don’t show on standalone monitor; Display Manager icon disappears from laptop.
Thanks for posting. I’m sorry your dock stopped working properly after the recent update, and I would be happy to help.
Given your description of the behavior, the first step is to ensure the latest version of the DisplayLink driver we recommend is in a good state by performing a clean install. Please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… (video walk-through -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Run Windows Update (Start > Settings > Update & security). Reboot if/when prompted. Repeat this process until there are no new updates found. This is important as Microsoft has been releasing frequent updates to Windows 10.
- Now download and install the 7.9 M5 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation
Let us know if that helps when you have a moment, and we’ll determine the next steps from there.