Display lag with my dell xps 15

I recently purchased a ud 3900 docking station on amazon and it works pretty well except for a small lag in the display of an external monitor.

I’m using an xps 15 and the monitor is hooked to the docking station with a standard hdmi cable in extended screen mode on windows 10. The lag is most noticeable with my mouse pointer. I know it’s not an issue with the mouse because when I connect the hdmi cable straight into my laptop there is no lag with the mouse at all even when the mouse is plugged into the docking station. So it’s just an issue with the display.

Any advice on what I could do to fix the display lag?

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for posting!

Dell has released a patch that changes a Windows Registry entry related to the Intel Management Engine and we’ve seen that many of our customers who’ve experienced these kinds of issues of mouse lag can be resolved with this patch. Could you please try installing the following patch and let me know if it helps at all?

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03471411M/13/Dell_Dock_USB_TYPE-C_PATCH_2K0JJ_A00_SETUP_ZPE.exe

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

Thanks for your reply. I tried that out. There is still a very slight delay. It’s really noticeable only when there is a video playing or something a little intensive.

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The next steps I’d like to take are to request some logs from your system in order to investigate further. We have a diagnostic utility that helps us understand more about what could be going wrong in situations such as these.

Could you please keep the Plugable UD-3900 dock connected to your Dell system, then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

This will create ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send this ZIP file to us directly at support@plugable.com with the subject line: “Ticket #275362

Thanks for your patience while we work to help!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.