Display flickering on windows machines but works on M1 mac

Hello,

I purchased this to use more displays with my mac, and it works great so far. But when I try to dock either of my windows laptops that have thunderbolt ports on it, it would flicker once and hour. After updating the thunderbolt driver on one of my laptops, the screen just flickers constantly.

I have tried updating display link adapters, updating thunderbolt driver (which made it worse), switching ports that the display is plugged into, and switching ports that the dock is connected to the computer with. Issue always comes back. The monitor I`m running is an ultrawide at 3480x1080 which should be fine, as the dock is for 4k monitors. After reading other tickets I saw that the support people wanted others to run the debug tool, so I ran that and have the logs for both laptops to send to someone.

Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system(s) to check for out of date drivers, or software conflicts that may be causing this behavior.

If you would, please keep the dock connected to on of the affected computers with the monitor(s) connected tot he docking station and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #365992 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thank you, I look forward to your reply email and we can proceed from here,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com