Cannot get my additional diplay to work Occasionally flashes then just stays blank
I am sorry to hear this. You shared log files with us in a separate email and I can see we have an EDID (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended…) problem. USB graphics in general work a little different compared to a GPU for example. Without a valid EDID, you will not get the monitor to display. Here are a few things you can try (in succession):
Perform a clean DisplayLink driver installation and bring your graphics drivers up to date:
- Disconnect display adapter from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel -> Programs. Do not worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool -> http://displaylink.com/techsupport_fi…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (do not close the window until you see the message “Cleaning complete. Press ENTER to end.”)
- Download and update your Intel graphic chipset driver from here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/down… and reboot
- Download and update your nVidia GPU driver from here -> http://www.nvidia.com/download/driver…
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software from our downloads page -> http://www.displaylink.com/support/sl…
- Reconnect the display adapter to the computer and test.
If you end up with the same symptoms, try a new or different DVI or VGA cable. If you like, you can pass on the make and model number of the monitor and I can do some further research as well.
Just following up on my last message. Did the problem get resolved?