Display #3 on HDMI Not Working

Hello!

I purchased a dock a few weeks ago now, and its been fine up until last week.

I have 3 Samsung S24H85 displays, each with a DisplayPort, USB-C and HDMI Connection. Monitor 1 and 2 are on DP, Monitor 3 is on HDMI. I also have a Logitech Keyboard / Mouse dongle and Jabra headset dongle connected.

I have a couple of laptops I use with the dock:

• HP EliteBook 830 G6 (Work Windows 10)
  • Lenovo T470 (Personal Windows 10)
  • MacBook Pro M1 (Personalm Mac)

Although all three laptops previously did work across all three displays at 60Hz and 2560X1440 I now only get a single display on my Mac and 2 displays (1 and 2, not the HDMI connected display) on Windows.

I have tried removing / reinstalling DisplayLink on my Work Windows laptop to no avail. All the cables seem OK, and I’ve tried unplugging the dock’s power for about 3 minutes which hasn’t worked either.

Does anyone have any ideas? To my knowledge the failure didn’t coincide with a Windows Update and either way I also have issues connecting a Mac too.

Many thanks,

Dave

Hello Mr DJW,

Thank you for reaching out!

I’m sorry that you are seeing this issue with your docking station.

I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further.

Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your system (with the non-working display still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?

please include the following detail in the subject:

• Reference case ID “Ticket #342762"

We look forward to hearing back from you so that we can assist further.

Thanks OmarD,

With regards to my work Windows laptop I have just been able to fix the issue. I checked in Computer Management, and under “Display Adapters” the onboard graphics (“Inter® UHD Graphics 620” in my case) was showing an error. I know from research that the HDMI Port is driven by the onboard graphics (USB-C VESA Alt Mode?). I updated the driver and now I’m up and running with my work windows device.

I will grab the logs from my Mac which is still having an issue and pass them on but I guess this rules out a hardware issue which is good!

Thanks,

Dave

Evening OmarD,

I have resolved the issue with my Mac too. It turns out that Parallels Desktop was grabbing the displays / peripherals from the dock before the Mac could see them. It’s workaround but I make sure that I have closed all Parallels desktops and the app before I dock my device and now its fine.

Thanks for your help, please feel free to close my ticket!

Regards,

Dave.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.