The 3900 tower is mostly not being read by my new HP Spectre X360 convertible 13-0XX. For some reason, the universal mouse/keyboard usb dongle is being read, but my monitor (thru DVI cable) and Ethernet are not being “read.” All drivers are up to date. Any suggestions on how to fix?
Thank you so much for reaching back out to us via GetSatisfaction as well! I am sorry that the issue is still occurring, but I just wanted to make sure that you received the instructions we sent over regarding how to resolve the issue?
If not, please follow these instructions:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.3 M1 DisplayLink software, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation. If the device is not detected, please click the ‘Skip’ button to allow the process to complete and then reboot the system.
Please let us know if this helps!
Thank you for your time,
Product Owner & Technical Support