I have a lenovo think pad and connected the 3900 in order to connect two screens, the network and the usb ports all work ok but the display (both hdmi and dvi adaptor to vga) dont register. The hdmi straight in to the laptop works fine. Any suggestions why?
Thanks for posting! Based off of your description, we’ll want to reinstall the DisplayLink drivers and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool to help make sure that the software that runs our dock is in a good state. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.0 M1 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation
If these steps help, great! If not, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug --> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected. Please send the file that is created on your desktop to our direct support email at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Ticket Number 151503’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. We’ll examine the logs and determine next steps from there.