Disable wifi when ethernet connected?

Just got a UD-ULTCD. Working mostly awesome. Using it with an HP spectre 13-w023dx with Windows 10 Creators update. Hooked to:

• Two Auria 27" 2560x1440 displays via hdmi (using displaylink 8.2 drivers from displaylink)
  • Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard via unifying receiver
  • Logitech 2.1 speakers
  • Gigabit Ethernet

Charges my laptop connectivity.

Only thing is the wifi on my laptop is enabled when using the Ethernet. Do you have any utility that will allow me to automatically disable wifi when Ethernet is present? HP doesn’t have one for this laptop, since it didn’t come with Ethernet.

I guess I found some answers.
http://support.displaylink.com/knowle…

Wish that autoswitch app wasn’t another $7.

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear about this issue. Windows should automatically start using the Ethernet connection once present, but it will leave the WiFi on. If it’s still connecting to the Internet via WiFi and not switching over, that’s not the expected normal behavior. Unfortunately in these cases where that isn’t happening, there isn’t an easy free way to do this. The only alternative is as you found on the DisplayLink support forum to manually edit a bunch of Windows settings.

I wish I had a better solution, but you’ve already found the best option that I know of.

Best wishes,
Josh