Diplay settings not allowing 2560x1440

Unable to get my Dell U2713HM to display at 2560 x 1440. I have a Dell XPS One 2710 with only one HDMI output which is being used by a Dell U3417W which displays at 3440 x 1440 correctly. Using the Plugable USB 3.0 2K HDMI adaptor to connect to the Dell U2713HM and will only display at 1920x1080.

Hi Vivian, thanks for posting and for the description of the issues you are seeing!

In looking at the manual of the Dell U2713HM monitor here –> http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all… it mentions that “Our HDMI is 1.4, it is compatible and can support up to 1920 x 1080” (page 3 of the PDF). In order to achieve a 2560x1440 monitor using this monitor you would need to use a Dual-Link DVI connection and a host system that has a Dual-Link DVI output port. Unfortunately, our adapter and other products will not be able to help achieve the maximum resolution of the Dell monitor as we do not manufacture an adapter that supports Dual-Link DVI connections.

I am sorry that I couldn’t be of more help. Completely understood if this means that our adapter will not meet your needs. We offer a 30-day no hassle return policy over at Amazon.com/returns if you’d like to receive a full refund. If you purchase is outside of this 30 day window, we would be happy to assist with a return for refund. Please just contact our direct email support team at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 168991’ in the subject line and we will be able to match everything up.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support