I have a USB2 to DVI device that *UGA-165) I use on my work laptop to connect a third monitor. However, after a recent update to Windows 10 (which I was already running), the system states the driver is not found. I’ve downloaded the driver, and tried installing it, but it says :DisplayLink Software for DisplayLink Graphics is already up to date"
Thanks for getting in touch!
We’ll want to proceed with a clean installation of the drivers, and see if the behavior is any different. We’ll do all of the following with the DisplayLink adapter disconnected, until the very last step.
- Disconnect the DisplayLink adapter from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel->Programs. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here:
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software, found here:
- Reboot, even if not prompted to
- Once you’re back in Windows, reattach the DisplayLink adapter and let it install and update the firmware which should happen automatically.
Let me know if that helps! If not, we should grab logs from your system and see what’s going wrong.
We haven’t heard back from you, so hopefully the above instructions helped! If not, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll gladly help troubleshoot.