Device Only flashes purple led regardless of whether a drive is plugged in or not

The model number of the device is USB3-SATA-UASP1. I plugged the device in and pressed the power button, and all that happens is a purple light flashes.

serial # 1094002337575

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for contacting Plugable! Sorry to hear that your USB hard drive dock is not working as expected.

There are a few troubleshooting steps that you can perform to isolate the cause of the issue:

1. Test the same hard drive and dock in a different computer to eliminate any potential issues with your current computer

2. Test the same dock with a different hard drive in the same computer to eliminate any potential issues with your current hard drive

3. Test a different USB cable with the dock if you have one available to eliminate a potential bad USB cable

If the issue seems to follow the dock after the above troubleshooting steps, it may be defective. In that case, please email the following information to support@plugable.com:

1. Order ID (for example, Amazon order ID’s can be looked up via www.amazon.com/orders)

2. Shipping address

Let me know what you find out and I can provide next steps.

Thank you,
Jordan
Plugable Technologies