Desktop Image Shifted on Monitor when using Plugable UD-3000

When I attempt to use the recommended resolution for my connected monitor (1600 x 900), my Plugable UD-3000 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Docking Station is causing the desktop to be shifted way to the left thereby hiding the Windows “Start” button and my desktop icons. I have tried rebooting, uninstalling and re-installing, changing screen resolution and back, etc. but to no avail. My OS is Win 7 Pro. Please help!

Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting! I’m sorry the monitor display is shifted. I’d be happy to help.

There are two possible solutions for your problem…the first is to see if your monitor that is experiencing the shifting has any sort of ‘Auto Adjust’ type of feature. Although the exact execution can vary from model to model (I would check your manual), there is normally an option via the on screen display (OSD) menu that allows you to automatically adjust the display. This is most commonly needed when using monitors connected via an analog VGA port.

The second option is to use the Fit to TV option within the DisplayLink utility on your system. I wrote a post about this with instructions here:

http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…

Let us know if either of those two suggestions works, and we can go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support