Dell XPS-13 9365 No display output

Testing the USB-C ULTC4K (Triple display) with XPS-13 9365
Given the fact that the 9350 and 9360 are fully supported by pluggable I thought they would be the best way to go.

Unfortunately, after two complete OS factory installs and driver reinstalls I am still having no luck.

Any insight and/or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Aidan

Hello Aidan, thanks for posting and I will be happy to help!

Just to clarify, you are using our UD-ULTC4K dock with your XPS 13 9365 and there is no display output from all three output ports on the dock?

Can you let us know the brand and model of monitor(s) you are using?

Can you confirm that you are using the USB-C cable that came with the dock?

Does the same issue occur regardless of USB-C port on the computer you are connected to?

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello David,

Thank you for getting back to me and sorry for the delayed response.
First off yes to all your questions, except:

The monitors in use are the Dell 27 inch S2716DG

I’ve found that actually that HDMI to HDMI is working but the two display ports are not.

I have gotten two 1080p screens and the dock is working very well with them (Samsung) I’ve also tried them with a Samsung 4K display and works.

The issue seems limited to my beautiful 2.7k Dell displays :frowning:

At this point, I am not sure if there is anything that can be done but if you have an inkling about why this may happen then please let me know.

Thank you

Hi Aidan, thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, when you use the Dell S2716DG with DisplayPort cables is the input setting on the monitor set to DisplayPort?

Assuming they are we can examine some log files with the S2716DG monitors connected (but not displaying) in order to determine what could be happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with the monitors connected to the DisplayPort ports on our dock, but not displaying an image. Please send us the file that is created on your Desktop by attaching it to an email sent to our direct support email team at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 219431’ in the subject line. We’ll match everything up and proceed accordingly.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

what was the outcome of this? is the plugable device compatible with the dell xps 13 9365?

Hi JeanPaulKnight, thanks for posting. Unfortunately, we did not receive further response on this case. We have had one positive report from a customer using the 9365 and we note that we expect things to work on our UD-ULTC4K’s product compatibility chart here –> https://plugable.com/products/ud-ultc4k. We do not have the system in our labs for testing to declare with certainty.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support