Dell XPS 13 9360 - Dual HDMI Monitors does not work

HI there. I have been using the UD-ULTCDL with my XPS 13 9360 and it is causing a lot of issues. About 50% of the time, only one of the monitors will work. My USB keyboard, USB DAC, and USB webcam will work, along with one 1080p HDMI display. If I switch HDMI cables between the monitors I can get the other to work. I have tried entirely different HDMI cables and that doesn’t solve the issue. I am using the USB-C cable from Pluggable (bought separately on Amazon). I have tried uninstalling (and using the removal/cleaner tool) and reinstalling DisplayLink, I have updated all USB and Chipset drivers, and I have tried unplugging the power and USB from the dock and reconnecting. Still, roughly half the time the dock works as intended and yet randomly I’ll find that I am left with only one monitor.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

I am concerned that the issue may be related to the cable you are utilizing. Not all of our USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 cables are compatible with our docks, due to the unique features of USB-C it utilizes. If you use the original USB-C cable that came with the dock originally, does the same issue occur?

Would it be possible to obtain a link to the Amazon listing in which you purchase the additional cable?

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have tried both this cable and this one.

I have been using the C100 cable primarily. Right now I have both monitors working, but this morning only one worked until I shutdown my laptop, unplugged the dock, and came back a few hours later.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for sending this information over! These are in fact the two cables that we normally will advise customers to purchase, if they are hoping to extend the distance between their system and the dock.

I am now concerned that we could be dealing with a software or driver related issue. When you have a moment, could you please visit www.plugable.com/support/plugdebug and follow the instructions for downloading and running our diagnostic application. Once the application completes, a .zip file will be located on your desktop. Please attach this to a direct email, and send it to support@plugable.com, with “Ticket no. 263623” in the subject line. This will ensure that all of your information is kept in the same ticket!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.