Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 model 4GB RAM with Intel i5-4300y (Windows 8.1)

Is Plugable USB3-E1000 compatible with Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 model?

I plan to plug Plugable adapter into SHARKK USB 3.0 4-port compact hub. Is it still compatible?

Any driver installation required?

Does this adapter support PXE boot?

Hi David,

Thanks for posting your question here also! Plugable USB3-E1000 will work with Windows 8.x Pro systems once the drivers for it are installed on the system. A driver installation is required for the adapter to work on any Windows 8.x Pro systems including the Dell Venue 11 Pro.

We do not have any reports (positive or negative) with the use of our adapter via SHARKK USB 3.0 4-port compact hub. So I cannot provide a definite answer regarding the compatibility.

However as our adapter is a high powered USB device and the hub is bus powered, there is a high possibility that the hub may not provide the required power for this adapter to power up and function, especially when other high powered USB devices are also connected to the system via this same hub. If the adapter does not get enough power, it will not function.

None of our USB Ethernet Adapters including Plugable USB3-E1000 support the PXE boot functionality.

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information, please do feel free to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Thanks!

Regards,
Roze