Dell Precision 7540 drains the battery when USB-C

I have a Dell Precision 7540, which I connected to the 4K DisplayLink. With the USB-C connection I noticed that my battery drained down to virtually “0”. I had to remove and reset the battery to get the laptop to even boot up. As soon as I plug the USB-C into my Thunderbolt port, the drain starts (even with my power cable plugged into the laptop) and reaches 2% very quickly. I am then required to “reset” the battery. Without the USB-C plugged into my laptop it is “business as usual”. I like the docking station, but have simply had to quit using it in order to save my laptop battery. Help/thoughts?

Thanks for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry to hear that your Plugable product is not working as expected with your Dell Precision 7540, and I will be happy to assist you with this.

In order to provide the best possible support we will need to first gather some additional details from you.

1. Can you please provide the model number off the bottom of your Plugable product?
  2. Can you please provide the Wattage rating off the OEM power adapter that came with your Dell laptop?
  3. Can you please let us know what else is connected to the Plugable product than just monitors?

Once again we apologize for the trouble, and I look forward to your next update.

Sean // Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.